GERMANY (Mainz) - Prominent guests like the German President and numerous enthusiastic soccer fanatics will have the chance to enjoy German wines at the Cup Final of the DFB, which will take place in the Olympic stadium this Sunday.
According to the German Wine Istitute ("Deutsches Weininstitut", DWI), the DFB in cooperation with the DWI has chosen three red and white wines. About 2000 bottles of those wines will be served in the VIP and Catering areas during the game and also afterwards, at various parties.
Monika Reule, managing director of the DWI, is thrilled: "This is a very good occasion to draw attention to regional German wines. Wine is an emotional beverage that can perfectly accompany a Cup Final that is loaded with tensions and emotions." (aw.yoopress)
The DFB has chosen the following wines:
- 2006er Riesling Großes Gewächs, Kaseler Nies´chen - Weingut Reichsgraf von Kesselstadt, Morscheid (Mosel)
- 2007er Riesling Qualitätswein trocken, Vom Tonmergel - Weingut Korell Johanneshof, Bad Kreuznach (Nahe)
- 2007er Weißburgunder Qualitätswein trocken - Weingut Salwey, Oberrotweil (Baden)
- 2004er Spätburgunder Spätlese trocken, Vom Muschelkalk - Weingut Ökonomierat Rebholz, Siebeldingen (Pfalz)
- 2004er Spätburgunder Qualitätswein trocken, Hochheimer Reichestal - Weingut Künstler, Hochheim (Rheingau)
- 2005er Rotwein-Cuvée Qualitätswein trocken, Giro XII - Weingut Kühling-Gillot, Bodenheim (Rheinhessen)